70-74 High Street
SittingbourneVIEW ALL OUR TRANSACTIONS
Being aware, through its retail agency contacts, of the outstanding Halifax Bank requirement for Sittingbourne, BHP together with its agents sourced a site on the High Street comprising 3 dilapidated shops.
Simultaneously agreeing an agreement to lease with Halifax with a purchase contract, BHP unconditionally acquired the properties.
In parallel, BHP secured detailed planning consent for the demolition of the dilapidated retail units along with the construction of the bank and 3 apartments above.
BHP undertook the construction and upon completion sold the Halifax at auction prior to disposing of the apartments by private treaty.
- Strong retail pitch
- Pre let to Halifax
- To secure Halifax as a pre let
- To achieved increased massing through development of upper floors for residential
- The retail was partially leased inside the LTA 1954
- Whilst pre let to Halifax, VP and planning were required
- Planning risk
- Securing vacant possession as the retail units were leased within the LTA 1954