Unconditionally acquired, BHP sought to improve planning consent to increase the massing from a bungalow to a chalet based development.
Having successfully secured detailed planning consent, the 2008 financial crisis induced a suspension of the development plans.
BHP along with its joint venture partner, Abbot Construction, developed the site during the course of 2011 & 2012 and have subsequently sold all units.
- Extant planning consent
- Fantastic views of the surrounding countryside
- To improve the massing of the extant planning consent
- To develop detached houses with generous grounds
- Access to the site passed mediocre housing
- The vendors retained the future right to install an access along the side of the site
- Planning risk of not being able to increase massing
- Sloping site would increase construction costs