16 High Street
MaidstoneVIEW ALL OUR TRANSACTIONS
With substantial upper parts within this period property, the primary business function and one of greatest development values, was the conversion of these areas into 8 apartments.
A former NatWest Bank, the entire property was acquired unconditionally by BHP.
Once planning consent was obtained, the ground floor was separated from the upper parts which were renovated into 8 apartments and these were sold.
- The period property was aesthetically very pleasant
- The significant upper parts were suitable for conversion into apartments
- To convert the upper parts into 8 apartments
- To secure Cheltenham & Gloucester as a tenant, a known requirement in the market place.
- The period nature of the property restricted ideal residential layouts
- No car parking
- Planning risk in relation to the upper parts
- Lack of car parking would deter some potential buyers