16-22 High Street
LeatherheadVIEW ALL OUR TRANSACTIONS
BHP’s first purchase, the attraction of the retail investment was that this opportunity was very much underwritten by the inherent value of the existing residential content.
The upper parts of the retail units were quickly refurbished and sold.
Once agreement was reached with a neighbouring apartment owner to permanently block up their window, planning consent was obtained to facilitate a pre let to William Hill on the vacant site. This development would include 2 residential apartments above.
- Partially income producing
- Purchase price under written by value of the vacant residential apartments
- To refurbish the upper parts of the retail for residential
- To develop the vacant site for retail and residential
- Limited car parking
- Development of the site beyond ground floor blighted by window in adjacent property
- Limited car parking may hinder the residential sales
- Full maximisation of the vacant site to include upper levels would be dependant on permanently blocking up a neighbour’s kitchen window